Friday, January 22, 2016

Happy New Year & 2015 Makeup Favorites!



Happy New Year! I hope you had a wonderful end of the year!

As you can probably tell, I took a huge 3 month break from blogging because I had a cystic acne breakout right after I posted my last blog entry. I am still trying to take control of my acne as of right now since a lot of my pimples are still active. I'm going to publish another blog post on how much money I spent on my acne situation. Stay tuned!



But anyway! I want to start 2016 with a blog post on my favorite makeup products of 2015! Year of 2015 was the year when I really expanded my makeup collection to another level by trying out brands that I have never tried before. It was also the year that I started being more experimental with my looks by incorporating bold colors for lips and eyes. These products that I have curated down below are the stand out products that have impressed me beyond any other makeup products that I have tried.

 Anyway, I hope you enjoy!







1. Hera CC Cream: This was my go-to base product this past summer. I have a full review on this CC cream right here in my blog (link for the review), but to reiterate this was an excellent base that had medium to full coverage with a natural finish that enhanced my complexion without looking cakey or heavy. It was so appropriate for the hot summer time since it has SPF 30 with a natural semi-matte finish that was able to absorb the access oil. The only thing was that the color shade #2 was too light for me, but I didn't care if I looked like I smeared flour all over my face because I loved the formula that much. I just had to over bronze my face.

2. Bourjois Foundation: This was another foundation that I consistently wore last year. I have a first impressions report on this in my blog (link for that blog post) where I mentioned that it was a great light weight foundation for those natural makeup days, and I still stand by that observation. It is also great for acne-prone skins like me who constantly have dry patches around blemishes. It covers those problems without making your face look crackly and flaky because the formula is so moisturizing.



3. Hourglass Ambient Powder in dim light: This is an excellent powder to set your makeup if you are one of those people who doesn't want to look matte. This powder does control the oils on your face but leaves your face looking glowy and natural. It's not perfect for setting under the eyes (your liner will smudge), but for your face it is just gorgeous. It's definitely not for people who have oily skin who prefers to have things super mattified, but for people like me (dry to combination) who likes having a luminous finish, this powder will be the one for you.



4. Innisfree No Sebum Powder: During the Summer, when my T-zone plus my under eyes were very oily, I really enjoyed this powder to set those areas. My eye makeup did not smudge or run down ever after setting my eyes with this. It makes those areas very smooth and soft that it really locked in my eye makeup. Also, this is perfect as a... dry shampoo!! I try to wash my hair everyday, but for those emergency days when you are just too lazy to take a shower, this powder is perfection since it soaks up ALL the oils in your hair. This leaves your scalp feeling fresh and clean whereas a regular aerosol dry shampoo can make your hair feel oily, gritty, and stinky. I highly recommend this if you are looking for something that can absorb a greasy mess.



5. Nars Blush in Madly: Ever since I purchased this blush, I've been wearing this non-stop. Literally. This color looks bland and boring in the pan, but the peachy undertone in this brown blush enhances my complexion by making my skin look like it's naturally flushed. And bronzy.



6. Bobbi Brown Highlighter in Pink Glow: The thing about this highlighter is that it looks so natural. I enjoy Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne pop as well, but that highlighter is just so pigmented and buttery that it looks crepey and artificial on my cheeks. I also like the Hourglass Incandescent Light highlighter, but the glow factor is not intense enough for me. This Bobbi Brown Highlighter is a perfect medium between the two. The pigmentation is sheer but it makes your cheeks so glossy that it makes you look like you are glowing from within.

7. Too Faced The Little Black Book of Bronzers: I have a full review on why you should buy this palette, so check that Blog Post if you want the details. To be short, this is a great bang for your buck.  If you love bronzers and the brand Too Faced, I highly recommend you buying this.

8. L'Oreal Miss Manga Rock Mascara in Waterproof: I also have a full review on this product somewhere in my blog (here). This is just a great all rounder. It curls well; It's volumizing as well as lengthening, but the only thing is that it's not very long lasting. It's okay though because the effect is still amazing.

9. YSL Volupte Tint-in-Oil: First of all, the watermelon scent. So delicious. And Second, the glossy and shiny but not thick like a lip gloss look is so appealing on the lips. I love applying this when I want to look refreshed and natural, which is...like everyday. I wrote a little bit more on this product here on my blog check it out (link!).





10. Bite Matte Creme Lip Crayon: I purchased this set from Sephora back when they were selling holiday collections. The colors are: Aubergine, dark purple with a pink undertone, Coulis, Classic red with a bright raspberry undertone, Torte, a dusty rose, Cafe, nude with a peachy pink undertone. These are all matte, but they are so creamy and moisturizing that it doesn't feel like you are wearing a matte lipstick. It literally blew my mind! Unbelievable!

Out of all these shades, Aubergine is the only color that is available currently, but there are other shades in the permanent line that are similar to these shades.

11. Buxom Lipgloss in White Russian: This is my go-to nudey lip. The milky consistency and texture mixed in with my natural lip shade creates a really flattering color of nude that suits my yellow complexion. It's so hard for me to wear a nude lip for some reason, but this one is perfect for those days when I want to wear a smokey eye. And the mintiness feels so good on the lips!



12. Mac lipstick in Diva: I really wanted to try that vampy burgundy lips for the fall season, and this seems to be the one that I am gravitated towards among any other lipsticks right now. It's little drying without a lip balm under, but nonetheless the color itself is sexy and edgy but not too intimidating.

13. Jo Malone Blackberry and Bay: It took a couple of tries to nail down my signature scent. I realized that decadent floral powdery smell mixed in with my own chemistry (sweat/oils?) turns into a heap of eau nasty. Musky, deep, and slightly masculine fragrance like this one doesn't seemed to turn so nasty on me. This has a top note of that sourness from the blackberry, mid note of freshness, and the end note of that musky woodsy smell. I was wearing this scent all year long except for those couple of months during the summer when I was wearing Atelier Cologne. I wore this so much that my friends can recognize my presence from 20 feet away. I just absolutely love this scent and I am definitely going to repurchase this. Forever.



14. Innisfree Bija Trouble Cleansing Gel: I stopped using my Boscia Cleansing oil and started using this one to remove my makeup. It's great for acne prone skin like me because it is very lightweight and it doesn't leave any residue at all. It also has a little dose of salicylic acid which helps a bit with the pimple situations.

15. Blistex Lip Medex Analgesic Lip Proectant: This lip balm is great under any type of lipstick especially the matte ones. It's not too thick or glossy but it does heal the dry lips. During the night, I wear a thicker lip balm, but during the day I wear this Blistex lip balm under makeup because of its lightweight consistency and its moisturizing properties.

And...That's a wrap! I hope you enjoyed my long blog post of life. Which products stood out for you from 2015? Let me know in the comments, and... HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Best,

P.S.: Follow me on Instagram and on Twitter @Skbeautydiary!

No comments:

Post a Comment