Monday, March 28, 2016

LUNA Sleeping Night Oil by Sunday Riley...Review!

I’ve been on this night oil for a while. I think I am finally ready to write how I feel about this product. So. Here we go!



First, I need to explain the fiasco that I went through with this item. I just didn’t know how to use this properly. I did ALL THE research, believe me, on this so that I can get this right. However, it just backfired on me and made my break outs worse than before.



Essentially, this is a thick viscous night oil that has Blue Tansy and German Chamomile, which is good for calming the irritated skin, as well as Trans-retinoic Acid Ester, which is another form of a retinol. Everything sounds great on the box. It promises to “correct dullness,” “plump the look of lines,” “exfoliate the skin,” “correct stubborn hyperpigmentation, imperfections…”

However, nothing in the direction does it say anything about the precautions!

Here’s what I’ve been doing wrong: I’ve been using this in CONJUNCTION with vitamin C products plus AHA serum during the night. After a LONG conversation with an aesthetician, I realized that it is WRONG for me to use AHA serum on top of Vitamin C but also with a retinol product. I was using this combination for about a month. My skin started peeling, my redness got worse, and my overall skin was very irritated. I was convinced that it was because of the Luna, not because of the fact that I’ve been using the wrong products on TOP of it.

BEFORE

AFTER 

After I stopped using the Vitamin C plus the AHA serum, my skin got exponentially better and started listening to the Luna. My pore size got smaller; hyperpigmentation got lighter. And best of all, my breakouts diminished exponentially.

Here’s what I do:

1) I tone my skin with a toner

2) I get 4 drops of this stuff in my palms, and distribute it on my skin evenly, massaging it gently.

3) Then I wait for like 2 minutes for it to absorb into the skin.

4) I apply my gentle and hydrating moisturizer on top of it.

AND THAT’S IT.

I used to have 4-5 steps in addition to this simple 3 step skincare routine.

I am SO SO SO happy with this product that I am definitely committed to buying a new bottle after I am finished with this one.

Yes, it is a big investment because it is $105 dollars, but I think it is worth it if you are struggling with your acne like I am.

Best,

No comments:

Post a Comment