Sunday, October 25, 2015

Single-Duo Eyeshadows that Work Great on Its Own

Let's be real. We don't have time to apply and blend four different types of shadows. Sometimes we just want to put something on and get out the door without thinking too much about what's on the eyelids. Am I right or am I right?

I've been really loving the rose gold shimmery shades for those days when I want to look extra pretty and girly. This one is by Bobbi Brown and is called Rose Gold. This one is unique in that it is not too pink compared to the other rose gold shades out there. It has a true brownish taupe-ish body to it with a hint of pink. When applied to the lids, it gives a slight shimmer with that neutral pink brown which is so flattering and so easy to wear for everyday look. 

And I'm sorry if these swatches are not that great... You get the gist.

I found thins duo in my mom's collection awhile ago, and I started using it because I was so attracted to that pinky champagne shade on the left. This one is by Anastasia Beverly Hills and it is called On Set. It turns out...that this was a limited edition type of a thing that happened long time ago. These shadows though...are so buttery, so creamy, so intense, so shimmery, and so good. It has everything that you are looking for when it comes to a great shadow...but it's discontinued... I mean you can find it on amazon for... 30 bucks or something...  



It's perfect by itself because of its intense pigment. Urg.. I'm upset.

This is another one that is discontinued because Estee Lauder discontinued their whole line of eyeshadows recently, but this one however is very easy to find online through a simple google search. This one does not swatch very well, so I did not include a swatch picture for this one. This medium warm brown tone is a staple for every makeup lovers out there because it creates that simple and effortless look that ties any lip or cheek color out there. Basically I use this when I am really lazy and want to look sort of natural (sort of). It has very small particles of shimmer that is not very detectable, but it does create that slight sheen that is very natural and pretty. 

 Clinique All about Shadow in Peach Pop was my go to during the summer because of this bright peachy pink color with a subtle gold shimmer particles that is similar to the one above. This applies very sheerly at first, but it is very much buildable if you want that pop of color. Personally I do enjoy a sheer wash of eyeshadow for that "casual effortless but put together" look instead of that intense punch of color. This one is perfect for that casual look. If you like that thick intense pigment, maybe this one is not for you, but I really enjoy this time to time when I want to have that tint of coral on my eyes.

Now this one is excellent for those days when you want to have a smokey eye without having to sit there and blend for three hours. This one by Clinique and is called Coffee Shop. It's also discontinued, but there's another shade that is very similar to this one and that one is called Starlight Starbright.

I usually don't wear cool toned shadows since they can make your eyes look dull, but this shade is a cool mid-toned taupe with slight shimmer that deepens and contours your eyes instantly. The dark brown on the right is very pigmented but not too much so it is easy to control the intensity. This on the lash line with the taupe shimmer makes a fantastic and easy smoky eye look. 

Now this one is a cult favorite. L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in general are fantastic. They are so so intense and so metallic. This shade of dusty pink on the lid alone gives a very girly but a simple look that I am sure everyone would love.


I mean look at the shine!

Here are all the shadows that I've been frequently using these past couple of months. What are your favorite singles?

P.S.: Follow me on instagram @skbeautydiary if you are wondering what I'm wearing everyday!

Best,
skbeautydiary@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment