Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Lip Products I've Been LOVING this SUMMER!

I realized that I've been only using these four lip products for the past couple of months! They are all summery and fun!



When I was in Europe, Innisfree Eco Flower Tint Balm in #5 Calendula was the only lip color I wore because it is long lasting without drying out my lips. I still wear this time to time especially if I am wearing that "no makeup" makeup look. Even though the orange might be little intimidating for some people, this particular product applies sheerly and gives a "tint" of orange instead of that awkward clownish orange lips. On my naturally pigmented lips, it looks more pink than orange. I recommend trying this product if you want to dabble in orange lip colors.

Purple tinted lips were all the rage this spring! This Yve Saint Laruent Volupté Tint-In-Oil in Pink About Me 8 was my purple fix for this trend. I tried couple purple lipsticks, but they all looked pink  and unflattering against my skintone. I wouldn't say that this is an outright purple lip color because it does look more pink than purple, but it is certainly different from your standard peachy pink lips. You do have to reapply couple of times throughout the day since it is prone to smearing and smudging because of its slick consistency (hence the name tint-in-"oil"), but when you layer this multiple times, the color does stay with you for the whole day. I can write a whole blog post about how wonderful and amazing this tint-in-oil is. Please let me know if you would like a full review on this lip product!

If I want to wear a lipstick for my look, I always reach for Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color in Soft Coral. I absolutely love this one because it really brightens my complexion. It is your standard peachy corally pinky color, but it is made for us warm-toned ladies! I am always hesitant to wear any type of pink lipsticks because it looks bad on my 80 percent of the time, but for this one I really don't have to think about it since it looks great in any situations and any makeup look. This does have a matte finish, so you HAVE to moisturize and exfoliate your lips before or else it will exaggerate those flakes. Other than that... it is a fantastic everyday lip color!

If I am feeling little nude, I tend to prefer Buxom Full-On Lip Cream in White Russian. This is like a standard lip gloss that is somewhat sticky and gloopy, but I still love to wear this when I want to slightly nude out my natural lip color. The tingling sensation is quite strong so it was little off-putting for me at first, but now I enjoy the burning/cooling feeling it gives on my lips. I actually prefer wearing this more than a regular nude lipsticks because of this cooling sensation. It sort of makes my...whole face cool.

That is it! Do you have a go-to lip product for summer?

Best,

No comments:

Post a Comment