Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Sunday Face #3 Korean Products!


Half of the products that I have used are products that I purchased from Korea. This look is also very inspired by looks that were commonly worn by Korean women: simple yet put together.

My Finished look!

BASE




The Saem Eco Soul Spau BB Cake above.

The Saem Eco Soul Spau BB Cake: This cream foundation was one of The Saem's big new releases this past winter season. Price of this foundation is around $24 dollars, but I got it on sale for $14 dollars which was a great bargain. I have used this about four or five times now, but I still don't have a set opinion on this product. It has light coverage with natural (or semi-matte) finish, and it is very hydrating which is one of the company's selling points. I will do a full review on this product on my blog as soon as I figure out if I like this or not.

Perricone MD No Concealer Concealer: This concealer has a natural peachy undertone so it is great for covering dark circles without looking like you used a heavy concealer. It also has SPF of 35, which is helpful if you struggle with sunspots under your eyes. This can crease if you are not careful because of its thick consistency, but if you set it with the right powder it does the job beautifully.

Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Powder: This translucent powder is amazing in setting your makeup. I used this exclusively to set my under-eye concealer, but it can be used for setting the hairline as well as the rest of the face. It leaves a soft and matte finish which is excellent especially if the skin is on the oily side. The best part about this powder is that...it was only $4 dollars. AMAZING right? However, I wouldn't buy this again because it is extremely messy when you open the lid. Next time I am definitely going to make sure to get the pressed version.

CHEEKS

Left is MAC Bronzing Powder in Golden and Right is Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Bronze.


For bronzing up the face, I used MAC Bronzing Powder in Golden for my jawline and Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Bronze for my cheeks doubling as a blush.

I've been using the MAC bronzer since last summer and personally didn't end up liking it because it applied quite patchy on my skin and the color pigmentation was not at its best. Also I didn't really like the fact that it had a very red undertone which made my yellow skin tone look odd and the fact that I couldn't detect any shimmer. I mean I bought this because I wanted the shimmer! But now that I have used this powder little bit, I can see that product layered under the initial surface has a different color! I guess it was an over spray problem (?), which doesn't make any sense, but all in all I am very much enjoying this powder now that I have digged into the product.

I haven't used the LM baked powder as much, but so far I've been loving it. It is quite layer-able and blend-able since the pigmentation is not intimidatingly strong, so it leaves the skin looking bronzed yet natural.

As a highlighter I have used the shade Incandescent Light from the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette. This is one of the highlight shades that is so soft and natural that makes you look like you had a liter of water. Since the powder is not densely pact with glitter, it makes the skin look plump and healthy without looking like you put glitter on your face.

EYES

For the eyebrows, I used Espoir Dual Brow Designing Pencil. I wrote a whole blog post dedicated to this brow pencil so check it out if you are interested!

Many Korean women prefer using one "all over the lid" eyeshadow color for their daily everyday look. So I have decided to use Makeupgeek Eyeshadow in Purely Naked. This is a neutral medium toned brown that has a slight shimmer that doesn't show through when it is applied.  This shade gives my eyes a um...je ne sais quoi. It is very natural, but at the same time it gives your eyes more definition and ties the whole look together if that makes sense.

In terms of eyeliners I have used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in the color Demolition to line my eyes and Sephora Contour Eye Pencil in Girl Talk for my waterline and the inner corners.

I have previously mentioned that I didn't really like the Sephora eye pencil in the color girl talk, but I am very much enjoying it as of right now! It is not overtly metallic or shimmery. It is perfect for everyday to give your eyes a little bit of sparkle and interest.

LASHES

I am currently using Etude House Dr. Mascara Fixer for Volume Up as my lash primer and Innisfree Skinny Microcara in Black as my mascara. The lash primer is great for maintaining the curls as well as providing volume and length without flaking, clumping, and making your eyelashes grey. Not to mention that it was only $6 dollars! Overall, it is an AWESOME AWESOME two thumbs up primer for those who are poor in the lash department.

Innisfree Skinny Microcara Mascara

This Innisfree mascara is also a new favorite of mine! The wand is super thin which is ideal for my small Asian eyes, and it coats every single lash without clumping them. However, it isn't great at providing massive dramatic volume or length, but it is surely great for those natural everyday looks. Also it is AMAZING for those under lashes. I never ever put mascara on my under lashes since they are so thin and sparse that it gets very messy at the end. I had no such problem for this mascara! I highly recommend them!

LIPS

Finally, for the lips I used MAC lipstick in See Sheer to cover my entire lips and Innisfree Eco Flower Tint Balm in Rose for the inner parts of my lips.


WOW. That was a very long post. Thank you so much for reading!

Best,

No comments:

Post a Comment