Monday, March 2, 2015

My trip to the Dermatologists' office...




Like I have mentioned in my Korean Style Inspired Makeup Look post, Korean girls really focus on the luminosity of their skin more than anything else in their makeup routine. One of the things that they do to keep their skin healthy is visiting the Dermatologists' office regularly like as if you were to go to the Dentists' office every 6 months. I so envied their glowing milky skin, which totally enables them to be confident even without makeup, so I decided to pay the visit.

I didn't decide on an office that was luxurious or located in Gangnam or anything. I searched for a local Dermatologist office near my neighborhood. I went to one that was supposedly a franchise company called CNP Dermatology or Cha and Park Dermatology (I know...doctors office that is from a franchise company). This office was located near the entrance to Sungshin Womens College, which I live very near to.  This Dermatology chain is located throughout Seoul and the outskirts of Seoul.

The picture above was taken after the first session.

Here is what I think the doctor recommended me:

1. Do a basic treatment package which includes getting rid of acne as well as several treatment masks.
2. Laser treatment for my acne scars and for my general skin texture.
3. Milk(?) filler to promote whitening. I'm sure its not actually milk.

They recommended me to come in every single week to repeat this cycle, but this could get very expensive so I decided to just try this specific set of procedure once and only do the basic treatment for the next five weeks.

So I am going to break down from beginning to the end.

*WARNING: this experience was almost a blur because I had to close my eyes through everything, so it might not be accurate. Also, I tried to erase the painful experience from my brain...so just to let you know.*

1. I washed my face.

2. I laid down on one of their beds so the nurses and the doctor can do their magic.

3. One of the nurse gently exfoliated my face.

4. She wiped my face with alcohol...

5. She punctured my big pimples with a needle and tried to pop them out.

6. The doctor came and injected infection healing medicine/liquid (?) in every single one of my pimples/whiteheads....which was a lot. It was about 10-12. This really hurt. My brother warned me by saying that these injections are TRULY painful...and they were. They were so painful that tears were forming in the corner of my eyes. I never ever cried because something hurt that much. It was excruciating.

7. The nurse came back and squeezed the living HELL out of those pimples that the doctors injected. She used a tong looking like tool to really press them. This hurt EVEN MORE than the shots. I actually cried at this step. It wasn't a shed of tears. I felt sad. I know it's very dramatic isn't it, but I started blaming myself for the acne and it really lowered my self-esteem.

8. The nurse came with a device that is electronically charged and started to zap my face with it. This was to sterilize my face. This didn't hurt but I could hear the zapping noise

9. Then she covered my eyes and turned on the blue ray lights. This was about 15 minutes.

10.  The nurse guided me to another room where I can get my laser treatment done.

11. I got it done. It stung a lot. I was at this point hyperventilating. This never happened to me before, but from the previous pain and from being anxious and not knowing what is about to happen to me...it really got to me. The nurses told me to breathe through my mouth because they had to turn on a fan directly on my face and cover my nose... I really hate this about korean doctors. They don't really explain it to you why they are doing certain things. They just tell you to breathe through your mouth. So I couldn't breathe normally. And sometimes, the nurses would accidently direct the fan in the direction where it would hit my mouth and my nose, so I wasn't able to breathe that well through my mouth either. The lasers stung. After, the doctor shot (not injected) hot liquid on my face that was almost burning. I really don't know what this was because my eyes were taped close.

12. I got back to my bed and the nurse smeared Vitamin C serum all over my face and moved the liquid around with a marble block type of a tool.

13. Then I did a clay mask, which was very cooling.

14. Then I had to remove my 3 dots. After all these fiasco, this step was literally nothing. They also put anesthesia cream on your dots so you won't feel too much pain, and I didn't. Also this part didn't take that long either. They placed three bandages on those dots so it won't get any sun exposure.

15. After they put some day cream on so I can leave.

COMPLETE BEFORE AND AFTER
These two pictures were taken two months ago. As you can see there are active breakouts as well as inflamed acne scars all over my face.

This was taken after my 6 weeks of treatment. No more pimples! But of course, the scars are still there but I have to say they are extremely minimized compared to the pictures above.

I am EXTREMELY happy with where my skin stands as of right now. No pimples and I can see my scars healing day by day. 

BUT

I would not ever get that laser treatment ever again.

Best,


No comments:

Post a Comment