Wednesday, February 25, 2015

My Current Makeup Routine + Favorites in Korea!


From my latest posts, I have mentioned that I will be traveling to South Korea, my homeland, for awhile. I was actually supposed to post a blog entry wholly dedicated to my dermatologist experience, but because of my grandpa's sickness plus Lunar New Years, I didn't have the time to take pictures for the entry. However, I did have time to write it... I just have to find the RIGHT time and weather to take adequate pictures.

But anyway, I just wanted share what I have been using for the past month.


Here is my shameless selfie... I used a different set of makeup today, so I couldn't take a picture of my face for today's blog post. Therefore...I had to use an old selfie. However, majority of the days, I have been rocking this look, the clean no makeup-makeup look.

BASE
To be quite frank, I've been solely wearing sunscreen, Iope UV Shield Sun Protector SPF 50 to be specific. The reason is that I got a laser treatment to lighten my acne scars. The dermatologist recommended me to re-apply sunscreen every two or three hours so that my raw skin would not get reactive to the sun. She did say that it was okay to apply makeup after the treatment, but the idea of applying sunscreen on top of my makeup made me little grossed out so I decided to just go au-naturel for the whole month.

I bought this sunscreen about two years ago, but I didn't like it as much because it was just too sunscreen-like at the time and left a greasy finish. However, I've been feeling dry for the past year, so it works perfectly in moisturizing as well as protecting my skin. Overall, it is a basic facial sunscreen that anyone could use that is if you don't mind the sunscreen texture, smell, and feel.

EYES
Before I apply anything to my eye area, I dab a little bit of my setting powder with a sponge and apply it to my eyelids and under eyes so that my mascara won't smudge. Also it brightens my eye area without looking totally unnatural.

Lancome Definicils Precious Cells Mascara is my holy holy grail mascara next to my Covergirl Clumpcrusher mascara. This mascara really bulks up the lashes giving it really high volume as well as length. Not only does it give excellent volume and length, it also nourishes the lashes, protecting them from breakage. The only downside with this mascara is that it does not hold any curls. It actually droops and weighs down the lashes quite a bit. I really hate this side of the mascara, but the fact that it promotes the growth of my lashes wins me over every time.

For the brows, I use the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Medium Ash as usual.

LIPS
Revlon Colorburst Lip Balm Stain has been raved and raved about for the past 4-5 years and maybe even more, and I understand why. It is so easy to wear, pigmented, balmy, and comfortable on the lips. The one that I have is in the color Honey, which is a muted down pink with a mauvy/beigey undertone. It also has a staining property which makes it seem so long lasting! I am absolutely in love with this balm stain that I am definitely planning to buy couple more when I return.

FRAGRANCE
I have been obsessed with the Elizabeth and James Nirvana perfume in both Black and White. I heard somewhere that it is recommended to layer these two perfumes together, and so I did...and the world became a whole new place. I absolutely LURVED it. 

The Black is definitely the one with the heavier tones from the sandalwood and vanilla, but it is still feminine from the floral top notes which is from the violet. Overall it can be characterized as sexy, mysterious, and mature.

The White is similar to the Black and yet completely different. It is definitely younger than the Black because it has a fresher tone but without being sweet or juvenile. It is still sophisticated and feminine because of elegant peony top notes mixed in with the touch of musk.

When combined the Black becomes the bottom note and the White becomes the top note, which is simply magical. The Black provides the scent with heaviness and sexiness at first but the White makes the overall scent fresh and light which makes these two a perfect combination.

Believe it or not this is it! I've been super simple and fuss free  with my makeup routine and I've been loving it!

BONUS BONUS!!

Here are some pictures that I took of Korea!









And! Here is my so called vanity...

I took over my dad's working desk...hahahahahahahaha.

Anyway, talk to you real soon!

Best,

No comments:

Post a Comment