Friday, March 20, 2015

Korres Wild Rose 24-Hour Moisturizing & Brightening Cream Review!

I don't think I've ever done a stand alone skincare product review!

I have been using this moisturizer for about 6 months now and I think I am finally ready to give a full review on this product.

The thing about this moisturizer is that...it is very average in all aspects. Korres claimed that this will "provide continuous moisturization by regulating the moisture equilibrium to the skin," as well as "repair the look of fine lines and skin discolorations."

In terms of fragrance, it has a slight herbal smell that is not at all overwhelming. So don't be too alarmed by the title "Wild Rose" you rose fragrance haters.

This cream is also  paraben, phthalates, and sulfates, which is excellent in my book.

I initially bought this because I wanted to brighten my dark acne scars and get an even skintone overall.  However considering the fact that my acne got worst in those 6 months, I cannot honestly say that it has brightened my skin. As we all know, it takes 6 months to a year for an acne scar to heal as long as there's no more blemishes. For me, pimples got progressively worse creating more scars, so my skin wasn't able to fully test the brightening qualities from this cream.



The texture of the cream is opaque and thick at first, but when it is worked into the skin, it is quite blend-able and lightweight. And most importantly, it doesn't leave a greasy slick residue which is perfect for priming the face before applying foundation.



The problem I had with this moisturizer is the "24-hour moisturizing"part because it left me feeling dry and tight at certain times. It could have been because of the harsh winter weather, but all in all it was just not rich enough for my dry skin. I certainly don't consider this product as an all-in-one or "24-hour moisture" type of a cream. If you have dry skin, you definitely need to wear an oil serum or a hydrating night cream in conjunction with this moisturizer.

On the other side, if you have oily skin, this would be a perfect cream for you because it is not too rich or too thin. Also, it is gentle for sensitive and acne prone skin, so it is well rounded in that aspect.

However, it does have a hefty price of $38 dollars. So is it worth it? I personally don't regret purchasing this cream since I fairly did enjoy it. It moisturized enough and it also didn't break me out, but I can't say that it did anything special for me to repurchase this almost $40 dollars worth lotion. It just didn't have that "wow I need this in my life" effect.

But then again, if you have oily skin, it is not a bad idea to get a sample of this to try it out.

Best,

No comments:

Post a Comment