Monday, May 11, 2015

New Addition to my Skincare Family!


There are couple of skincare items that I have added to the regime. Some I can absolutely 100 percent recommend, and some...not so much.

L'occitane Almond Shower Oil: People all over the internet are raving about this shower oil (or gel). To me I really don't like the smell of this product. It smells like sweat with a nutty based fragrance. Despite the "interesting" fragrance, I absolutely loved the effect that it gave! It really transformed the texture of my skin to smooth and soft. I can see this working out greatly before shaving your legs. The only concern that I had with this is that I didn't think it really cleansed my body. My back is very oily with enlarged pores all around, and after using this for a week,  my back felt more oily and prickly since the product doesn't do anything to dry out my back. Maybe I got a bad sample bottle at Sephora, but it was just not appealing enough. And not to mention the PRICE and the amount of product that you have to use to actually get a decent lather! I mean...I only used this because it was a free 100 points type of a perk at Sephora, but I would never pay $25 something for a small bottle.

Ole Henriksen the Clean Truth Cleansing Cloths Brightening: I don't know if you know this...but I loathe makeup removing WIPES. I hate them since they can be so harsh to your skin without being able to remove everything on your skin. However, I absolutely LOVE these cleansing wipes not because it is so great at removing makeup, but because it is so great for sensitive skins. First of all, it smells like vanilla citrus ice cream. Second of all, it doesn't leave my skin feeling raw, prickly, or sensitive after using them, but at the same time it removes my makeup quite well. Of course, I would not stop my makeup removing process at that since I am a stickler for completely removing everything by using bazillion products. I use this when I need to partially remove my makeup before working out or reapplying sunscreen. It is more expensive compared to drugstore makeup wipes, but considering its fine ingredients such as Vitamin C extracts, CoQ10 and Black Currant Oil, it is surely worth it $15 dollars.

Innisfree Eco Safety Perfect Sunblock: I didn't absolutely love this on the face. In fact, I was worried that it was going to clog my pores since it is labeled as a "long lasting" sunscreen. I also expected to have a significant shine factor because it is composed with organic sunflower oil...but it actually wasn't! It dries down to a nothing finish (it is not matte or dewy. It literally looks like you applied nothing) which I appreciated greatly. Since it is long lasting, I apply this on the neck only because I cannot be bothered to reapply my sunscreen on my neck. Overall, it is an average sunscreen to have over the summer. In simple terms, it is just okay.

Iope UV Shield Makeup Base: I honestly thought that this would be the one that I would use everyday because it has a matte finish and has a high SPF. No. Just no. It clogged my pores and it is so difficult to blend in with your skin. The white pigment in this primer is SO strong that it really makes your skin look ghostly. I have used this under makeup once, and I will never ever use it for that purpose since it clumped and peeled off my skin with my base makeup... That's not a good look everyone. So now, I just use this for the center of my face since it does brighten little bit when used in moderation.

Rosebud Salve: This is one of those "oldie but a goodie" product. I used this during high school up to college, but never repurchased after finishing two tubs of this. I replacing this lip balm with Fresh lip balm, but left me with disappointingly crusty lips during the winter. Now that I am back in using this regularly, I don't have chapped lips anymore!

Have you ever used these products? If you have let me know if you like them or not!

Best,

No comments:

Post a Comment